Monday, December 10, 2007

Amira's Arrival

Atas permintaan beberapa orang, nih cerita pengalaman nak sambut Amira.. akhirnya!

We were supposed to have a planned C-section because the baby was breech. But a few days before that, my water broke at about 4am. It took me a while to figure it out (tak sure ayaq apa, kot2 la terkenc- ke.. maklum le by that stage, bladder control pun teruji dek tekanan baby). Doktor pesan kalau dah tiba masanya, terus je gi hospital.

I had prolapsed cord. I felt it, and he saw it. "That's not good. We have to go. RIGHT NOW!" I was talking to the doctor on the phone, and she asked me to call for the ambulance, instead of naik kereta. Sebabnya, I had to defy gravity - stay upside down as much as possible. So, he called 911 from the other phone. I kept my head on the floor, pinggang sandar kat tepi katil.

The ambulance arrived within 5 minutes. It took them a few more minutes just to figure out the best way to carry me while keeping me upside down like that. As they were carrying me out of the room, I remember looking at the clock: 4:17. They carried me downstairs, put me on a stretcher, out of the house, and further down to the street. I could see two vehicles with those lights waiting in front of the house. As they got me on the ambulance, he told me he would be sitting in a front seat.

They aligned the stretcher so that my head is as low as possible. They talked to me, asked if I felt any pain, if I felt the urge to push. I had none. In spite of a bad street where they apologized for the rough ride, it took us only a few minutes before arriving at the ER, with everybody waiting for me - that's one of the advantages of naik ambulans!

I couldn't really see what's happening, sebab dok helplessly terlentang gitu kan. They quickly moved me around, looked at me, etc etc. One of them said "Shoot!" bila tengok cord dah keluaq sepanjang satu kaki. She tried to shove it back in, ouww, and she apologized, to which I responded with "It's OK.. it's OK.. Just make sure the baby is fine!". They used a monitor to hear the baby's heartbeat but it was weakening. I kept asking "How's the baby? How's the baby?" and "Where's my husband? Where's my husband..?". They said he's filling up paperwork, and they seemed reluctant to answer my first question, until finally someone said "We heard the heartbeat." That did not sound good.

They put the oxygen mask on me, asking me to take four deep breaths. I remember ooonnneee.... tttwwwoooo...

Then somebody called my name and told me to wake up.

They told me it's over. The baby is fine (alhamdulillah). It's a girl! I said "What?", just because we really thought it's a boy.

My husband said me "Yeah! it's a girl. She has dark hair, your eyes, your nose, your big mouth (aku rasa tu maksud tersurat dan tersirat tuh), but she has my toes!" Someone behind me menyampuk kata "And she has dimples" (just like Daddy). I was too groggy to remember everything. He called Cik Nyah to tell her (and the whole family back home) of the wonderful news. From the bed, I could hear her joyous cry. Yay!

The baby was born at 4:53 am. Pantas kan? Semua tu happened within an hour. Such an emergency, they did not even put a hospital gown on me - they operated on me while I was still in the same long-sleeved baju kaftan (ole-ole dari Dahlia [Kuantan] a few years ago) that I wore to the masjid earlier terus sampai tidur (malas nak tukar baju). Rasa tak caya, especially sebab I was not really "there" to experience it all. So if anybody asked me - no, I did not experience the contractions nor the pushing nor the "moment of birth".

They handed the baby to me, already clean and yummy. "So soft!!!" I was really surprised. She's so pretty... mashaAllah.

Alhamdulillah.. thank you Allah for Amira..! :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ina! What an experience! Tak tahu pulak kau bermasalah semasa bersalin. Alhamdulillah semuanya selamat. Ngeri jugak baca kesah engkau. Tapi cepat ek diaorg take action. Kalu kat sini, tak tau la boleh secepat tu atau tidak. Nanti post lagi gambar Amira ek. Take care.

December 14, 2007 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erkkk....ngeri la pulak :S
Alhamdulillah semuanya selamat.

Nanti Amira dah pandai membaca, bolehlah dia baca sendiri kisah dia ni :)

December 14, 2007 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyak! Scary beb bila bace citer akak nih. Syukur Al-hamdulillah sumenyer dah selamat. Hugs & kisses to amira from hadif. Haha.

December 16, 2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Tu la.. I thot I had to write about this experience. Takut nanti lama-lama lupa lak. Memang le ngeri bila difikir2kan, tapi masa kejadian dok remind myself to calm down, dan berserah kepada Allah.

December 24, 2007 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home